NOTE Gixel GmbH and Viaholo GmbH work together as a research cooperation on the future of communication. Viaholo is a 100% subsidiary of Sprin-D, and thus of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Gixel build the world lightest but immersive augmented reality systems – the Holodeck. We are currently seeking innovative researchers and engineers with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of photorealistic virtual humans. The focus of this role is on facial performance and appearance capture, reconstruction and rendering. The position requires a combination of education and experience in computer vision, computer graphics, physics simulation and machine learning.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state-of-the-art in virtual humans.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to the generation of convincing virtual humans, like dense 3D surface reconstruction, photorealistic capture and rendering methods, statistical deformation models, human biomechanics, markerless motion capture or physics-based simulation.
- Formulation of new machine learning, analysis, and simulation approaches for virtual humans.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solution, experiments and concepts.
- Experience in character generation, including deformable geometry, photorealistic rendering, anatomical motion or physically-based simulation and animation.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience with machine learning and state-of-the-art deep learning models (CNN, VAE, GAN) and differentiable rendering.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
- Experience with designing real-time systems in C++.