Gixel brings together a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers to create the future of augmented reality communication. Our team experiments with bold ideas to create the next generation of digital humans and avatars. As a Research Engineer, you will foster our scientific explorations in human shape, motion, and appearance sensing for new viewpoint rendering. Together, let’s step into the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real.
- Collaborate with diverse and interdisciplinary researchers, engineers, and designers to conceptualize, build, and test novel digital humans and avatars technologies.
- Support the realization of research outcomes into code.
- Concentrate on the photorealistic body rerendering excluding the face and find out which sensing hardware is necessary
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Master’s degree in the field of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Physics, Machine Learning or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience programming with C++ and Python.
- 3+ years experience in creating 3D geometry processing, 3D reconstruction, registration, non-linear optimization, and machine-learning-based solutions.
- 3+ years experience in development of real-time systems, multi-threaded applications, performance benchmarking.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in the field of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Physics, Machine Learning or related fields.
- Experience with designing real-time systems in C++ and Cuda.
- Experience with image processing, multiview systems, camera calibration, pose estimation, 3D shape deformation models, 3D reconstruction and registration, non-linear optimization, neural network training and deployment, distributed and cloud computing.
- Experience with 3D packages such as Maya, Blender, Houdini, Unreal Engine, Unity.
- Experience with digital double generation for high-end VFX and/or video game applications.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, first-authored publications in peer-reviewed journals/conferences (CVPR, ICCV/ECCV, SIGGRAPH, etc.).
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
Gixel is on a mission to build the next generation communication device: An immersive AR-glass that lets you communicate with a feeling of presence – like if they were here. We are a selected Startup by the Federal Agency for Disruptive Innovation, including a long term financial funding commitment. We are bringing together world class researchers and engineers to change the way we meet.