NOTE Gixel GmbH and Viaholo GmbH work together as a research cooperation on the future of communication. Viaholo is a 100% subsidiary of Sprin-D, and thus of the Federal Republic of Germany.
At Gixel our goal is to explore, innovate and design a novel next generation augmented reality experience. We are looking for skilled and motivated Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Karlsruhe.
- Design, iterate and test prototypes of our AR glasses.
- Create bespoke machined or printed parts.
- Design and build Fixtures to support and validate advanced R&D initiatives to a high level of precision.
- Finish and assemble concepts to a high-level of presentation quality.
- Use hand sketches, computer aided designs (CAD) to create 3D models.
- Validate your designs to ensure they meet the deliverable requirements.
- 4+ years experience in an Engineering/Design role within consumer electronics and familiarity with the product development process
- Experience with system level design and working cross-functional with teams including Engineering, Product Design, Research, etc.
- Strong CAD experience (e.g. Fusion 360, Rhino, SolidWorks), design of original parts
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of the prototype development process, such as: 3D printing, molding, casting, functional prototypes, electrical integration and appearance models with aesthetic fit, finishes at a production-level appearance.
- Experience with problem solving and working independently.
- Experience in bringing a device into production and hands of customers
- Knowledge of electrical subsystems
- Experience with injection moulding, 3D printing, CNC machining
- Love for design and creating awesome products.